2. After you have created a green team, the Guide suggests consulting with a professional. It can be hard to find a professional. Ask your city government if they offer free services to businesses who want to green their operations.
3. Choose which measure to tackle first.
4. Consider what measure will give you the greatest improvements in environmental impact and operations costs.
5. Set timely goals. The Guide recommends a plan that will reduce your company's energy consumption by six percent a year over the next three years.
6. Get everyone in your company on board.
7. Communicate your successes.